Sign in to follow this  
TaoVhal

Erm... This seems abuseable

I know we needed a solution to people getting stuck in their own traps, although I think that has been resolved now. However not being effected by your own quagmire, or mine field, in conjunction with the ranged skill glitch that is allowing insane distance on ranged skills... Things are a bit silly. Also... wasn't there normally a trap limit in PVE/PVP?

screenLumina044.jpg

Edited by TaoVhal
  • Like 1

Guest GM Yui

We understand the frustration on this, but OFFICIALLY, trap's maximum limit is 15 pcs. That's why the strategy of "Trap Stacking" existed.

But for not being affected by quagmire is a different story, we can probably check on that. But about hunters, they shouldn't be affected by their own mines(generally traps)

15 Traps is on WoE maps, its generally 3(5?) outside of that (It should be 3(5?) in PVE as well, I haven't checked). (BG is counted as a WoE map, unlike PVP - Hence the lack of WoE-type reductions in the room, and knockback activated)

In addition, this is 20+ by a single hunter. Hunters absolutely are supposed to be able to trigger their own traps on maps, as well as their guild mates. Walking past your own sleeper trap in PVP is a tried and true classic. (Here is proof in iRO wiki.)

So officially... No. Also please don't use that for an excuse when multiple other facets of the server are not based off official rates either. (Status effects based off renewal, Assassin not gaining speed on walls, melee skills being canceled when a character has to walk at first, refine rates, etc.) 

This isn't meant to be rude, but please don't tell me incorrect information as justification for things.

image.thumb.png.3de014b3f8b52ca786349f8a2a5d9d65.png

Edited by Fajen

Hi, I've been trapping for years in multiple servers including the official one. Traps have always been this way in the Pre-Renewal setting, allies and the user aren't affected by their own traps. Also, stop referring to irowiki as it's skill descriptions are based on the current RO episodes, I'd consider irowiki's skill description to be valid in this discussion if this server were a 3rd Job Renewal Server.

Here is the 2007 entry of the iRO wiki on snare. (Accessed from the history tab) This IS from pre-re, as their was no renewal at this point. 

If you have any published evidence from the era that confirms your claim, I'm happy to be proven wrong, but... This seems pretty cut and clear.

image.thumb.png.fdbadaca4f735a6f11c30e9a50d2ad8f.png

It is important to remember as well (sorry edit doesn't seem to be available) that many official servers were franchised out from Samsung so many of them, if not kRO/jRO/iRO tended to have a lot of features alternated. You very well might be remembering correctly from an official server that had changed this. However, again, I would like to see any published source (from the era) confirming your claim before I desist this request.

I can't provide a published source, but here are 2005 War of Emperium clips from the Official European Ragnarok Online (CHAOS Server), you'll see that allies aren't affected by traps inside the castle. Also, as far as I can remember, when transcendent classes were patched into the game, the trap mechanics in siege has been changed since it affected allies and was not viable anymore. Take note that by the time of the 2007 revision, transcendent classes were already out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIPe8nVn57Q

Edited by PizzaTraps

On 9/19/2020 at 3:29 PM, Fajen said:

It is important to remember as well (sorry edit doesn't seem to be available) that many official servers were franchised out from Samsung so many of them, if not kRO/jRO/iRO tended to have a lot of features alternated. You very well might be remembering correctly from an official server that had changed this. However, again, I would like to see any published source (from the era) confirming your claim before I desist this request.

do you desist your request now?

I've not heard of many p.servers going by euRO standards though, so personally I would find it strange to use that as a base line. kRO or iRO are pretty much the golden standard.

I think we both proved our own points. I've clearly shown it's not functioning as intended during pre-re iRO, with dated, accurate information. You've also shown some footage of early gameplay showing opposing functionality (albeit euRO and not iRO and in an early stage of the game (I believe that is when MVP's still had 130+ VIT, something else our server has stuck to the more "modern" updated version of pre-re iRO)). I've chosen to let the GM's address it as they see fit. There are LOTS of other issues with the server at the moment, so something like this isn't a huge deal. 

I don't get your point since euRO is still an official server so I'm just trying to tell you that way back in 2005 before trans came out, traps worked that way. EuRO wasn't merged with iRO in 2005 tho.

18 hours ago, Fajen said:

I've not heard of many p.servers going by euRO standards though, so personally I would find it strange to use that as a base line. kRO or iRO are pretty much the golden standard.

I think we both proved our own points. I've clearly shown it's not functioning as intended during pre-re iRO, with dated, accurate information. You've also shown some footage of early gameplay showing opposing functionality (albeit euRO and not iRO and in an early stage of the game (I believe that is when MVP's still had 130+ VIT, something else our server has stuck to the more "modern" updated version of pre-re iRO)). I've chosen to let the GM's address it as they see fit. There are LOTS of other issues with the server at the moment, so something like this isn't a huge deal. 

The server's settings aren't accurate to the current episode (i.e. MVPs, gears, skill settings, etc.) so this isn't much of an issue, but in terms of gameplay I don't see this as game breaking or abusable. If you've seen pre-trans WoEs in other servers this is how the traps are set up, check PH/BR pre-trans WoE videos on youtube if you haven't.

Although you've given accurate information from the iRO Wiki, I like this setup better but regardless of what you, I or anyone else thinks, its ultimately up to the owner/GMs/devs if they'll change it or not.